Assorted Issues/Additions

Hello! I have noticed a few problems with Cadasio and was wondering if any of these have been brought up before.

• If local space is selected when using the movement (translation values) in the transform panel the part(s) selected still follow world space directionality
  • The Solidworks add in will let you set titles of projects with any length however the editor requires 30 characters or less, otherwise you can’t save changes made to project settings
  • The description of a project can’t be changed after creation
  • When a rotation is applied with a custom triad (to a door and 1/2 of a hinge, for example) using the part reset button (‘r’ shortcut) will cause the step animation to rotate the parts on an arbitrary axis, different from the custom one specified in the step. The way to get the parts to properly rotate around the hinge axis back to the reset position is to do it by hand
  • Selecting multiple steps using the checkboxes, setting them to hidden, then selecting more steps without clearing the first ones will not change the visibility (or other settings? not tested) of the additionally selected steps
  • I am in contact about this currently but tables could use a major refresh. I’ll restate it here though
  • The addition of customizable hotkeys for most actions (like in Solidworks) would be nice
  • Addition of viewcube snapping on 90 degree angles (ex. clicking on bottom face always orients ‘Bottom’ text into readable orientation, ability to snap where the ‘bottom’ text can be in 90 degree changes like in Solidworks or Inventor) would be nice

Hope this makes sense, thanks!!

Hi @user5237 ,

Thanks a lot for all your points…

If local space is selected when using the movement (translation values) in the transform panel the part(s) selected still follow world space directionality

I have raised a bug report for this, and a member of the team says they have already developed a fix for it. Subject to it passing our internal testing, the fix should go live in our next update (due in about 2 weeks’ time). I believe getting it to work with local rotation is harder, but I have also asked them to look at that too.

The Solidworks add in will let you set titles of projects with any length however the editor requires 30 characters or less, otherwise you can’t save changes made to project settings

This has already been raised and will be addressed when the next version of the add-in is released.

The description of a project can’t be changed after creation

You can change the description either from within the project settings in the designer…

or when in the dashboard if you click the settings icon on a project card.

I did notice a discrepancy in the available length you can input between the two, so I have made sure that will be addressed in the next update too.

When a rotation is applied with a custom triad (to a door and 1/2 of a hinge, for example) using the part reset button (‘r’ shortcut) will cause the step animation to rotate the parts on an arbitrary axis, different from the custom one specified in the step. The way to get the parts to properly rotate around the hinge axis back to the reset position is to do it by hand

The Reset shortcut simply puts the part where it was when it was originally brought in (affecting both translation and rotation). In a simple situation, for example, opening a door with a custom axis, I can see how restoring could work using the custom axis…however what happens if you have rotated/translated multiple times in all sorts of directions? I will have to discuss with the team further to see if there’s anything we can do to improve the behavior. As you say, if you simply rotate it back yourself it should behave as expected.

The addition of customizable hotkeys for most actions (like in Solidworks) would be nice

I have created an enhancement request for this.

Addition of viewcube snapping on 90 degree angles (ex. clicking on bottom face always orients ‘Bottom’ text into readable orientation, ability to snap where the ‘bottom’ text can be in 90 degree changes like in Solidworks or Inventor) would be nice

We are looking at adding some additional options/tools to the viewcube. I will make sure this suggestion is considered.

Thank you very much!