Enhanced export functions

Hi there,

I’ve been exploring the publishing options to create 2D documentation for our assembly manuals. The PDF export seems disappointingly limited in terms of customization.

It would take Cadasio to the next level if we could:
PDF:

• Create custom overlays/borders for PDF export
  • Adjust aspect ratio of images to properly occupy an A4 document
  • Dramatically increase image resolution or use vector imaging
    PNG:
  • Export PNG images in higher resolutions than the current window size. it seems odd that we have to purchase a high-resolution monitor in order to export higher resolution images.
    SVG:
  • Export SVG to a usable result. The current solution loses most of the needed details due to the large (unconfigurable) line size. Some edges disappear altogether as well.
    I’m looking for sharp lines that show needed details when zooming in a bit.

Would love to see (some of this) implemented.

Greetings,
L

1 Like

Hi @user7196 ,

I think it’s fair to say that our primary selling point is the creation of 3D presentations, however, that doesn’t mean we are not looking at ways to improve our 2D output. A few comments on your suggestions…

Create custom overlays/borders for PDF export
Whilst you can create customer overlays currently it is hidden for image/pdf exports - however we are adding an option not to do this.

Adjust aspect ratio of images to properly occupy an A4 document
Could you elaborate further on this? If the image is a different aspect ratio to paper, are you expecting it to crop it, or stretch it?

Export PNG images in higher resolutions
We are looking into this.

Export SVG to a usable result.
We are aware our svg could be improved, but generally you can get something usuable out. Could you let us know a project that looks especially bad for you? You can private message on here the name of it, or email support@cadasio.com

Thank you very much for all your suggestions. At Cadasio, we are always looking to improve our service and as such log all suggestions to try and get in the software when we can. If you ever have any further thoughts please do not hesitate to let us know.

Hi,

I’m well aware that 2D output isn’t Cadasio’s main focus. Glad to hear it’s not being neglected either.

Adjust aspect ratio of images to properly occupy an A4 document
It currently appears to be locked to whatever resolution and ratio you’re currently working at. Resulting in the output wasting much of the available space on an A4 sheet. I was hoping it would be adjustable through the device settings but that has no effect.
It would be great if it allowed us to something similar as with devices, where we can do a tailored layout just for PDF output. Instead of cropping or stretching.

Export SVG to a usable result.
Although this isn’t critical for us at the moment, to maybe clarify what i’m talking about here’s a screenshot of our current output. It mostly focuses on objects’ outline leaving out a lot of lines that would make it much clearer. It also mushes all of the details in the top-left making it hard to tell what’s going on.

Hope this clarifies things.
Excited to see feedback is appreciated!