Solidworks plugin not working

I’ve downloaded, installed, and activated the cadasio plugin for Solidworks, but nothing is happening when I click the “Upload to cadasio” button. I’ve tried restarting SW, deactivating and reactivating the plugin, and deactivating all other plugins with no success. Am I missing something? I’m running SW 2016 SP 5.0.

Hi @user1169,

Thanks for trying cadasio out and sorry to hear you are having. issues.

Can you confirm a couple of things for me…

1. You don’t have any strict firewalls in place that could be blocking cadasio? Sounds unlikely if the addin has managed to log in OK, but worth asking.
  2. Is it an assembly or part that you are trying to upload.
  3. Are all the components surfaces?
  4. Does this occur for all assemblies you try?

I am not aware of any issues with cadasio and SW 2016, but that may be a factor, I will do some testing whilst I await your response to the above.

Regards

Stephen
Cadasio Support

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the quick response.

1. No firewalls that I’m aware of.
  2. I’ve tried several different parts and assemblies. The number of components in the assemblies has varied from 5 or 6 to 30 or 40.
  3. I’m not quite sure what you’re asking here. Some of the component features were designed/created using surface tools, but all components are solid bodies.
  4. Yes, this happens with all assemblies I’ve tried so far.

I appreciate the help.

Regards

Thomas

Thanks for the information. We always test the addins in the latest versions of SolidWorks and also go back several years, but I will do some further tests in 2016 as we haven’t had any other reports of issues with it recently. I will update you when I can.

Hi Thomas,

We have done testing,using various parts and assemblies in SolidWorks 2016 and it is working OK for us here. Would it be possible to arrange a screen share so I can take a look and get to the bottom of it for you?

Regards

Stephen

Hello, I have a problem with updating SW assembly. For parts it works correctly, but for assembly i have no updates after this action. Now I’m testing a free version. Сould it be because of this?

Hi @user2852 ,

Could you explain more about what you are seeing(or not seeing)? We could schedule an online meeting with one of our technical team if that would help?

I’ve added a new part to my assembly, also i’ve made some actions with one of the part, cut one of the body particularly in assembly. Then i’ve updated my assembly applying by cadasio SW plugin, but nothing happened. Assembly was the same as in the past, without all my modifications.

Hi @user2852 ,

Unfortunately, at this moment in time, we don’t support assembly level features in our SW addin as they are not actually changing the part. You would have to propagate the feature to the part itself to see the changes. I have added you to an enhancement request to hopefully see it implemented in the future.

Hi! Let me make me sure, that your answer means, that if I’ll add some parts into my assembly, I can’t see this transformation by applying updating?

Hi @user2852,

If you add or remove parts in your assembly, those changes will be reflected when you update your cadasio project.

If a part’s geometry changes, at the part level, then that too should show when updating a cadasio project.

If you apply an assembly level feature to a part (you mentioned a cut) then currently you will not see that in Cadasio, as that cut doesn’t actually change the part file geometry. You can see this by opening up the part in its own window, the cut won’t be there. You would need to either perform the cut in the part or propagate the cut from the assembly into the part (which I believe is an option when doing the cut feature in the assembly).

As mentioned we have an enhancement request to handle assembly level features.

Hopefully the above clarifies the issue. Since this does not relate to the original post, could I ask you to raise a new forum post if any further assistance on this is required